Hatha classes are ideal for beginners and those seeking a more meditative experience and longer stretches with held postures. The emphasis is on stretching, strengthening, stress reduction, and training the mind to be in the present moment. All of our classes include a substantial savasana (relaxation practice) at the end, as well as basic instruction in seated, mantra-based meditation.
Vinyasa classes are faster paced with many flowing sequences including sun salutations. It is beneficial to have some foundation in the yoga poses, but the Vinyasa teachers at Raja adapt to the ability levels in the room, giving extra help and attention where needed. You will sweat and get a cardiovascular workout in these classes and possibly see some advanced poses.
Meditation classes include relaxation and pranayama as preparation, but are tailored to a sitting meditation practice. One is taught to have a comfortable seated posture on the floor or in a chair, and will learn a variety of techniques including mantra meditation, guided meditation, and contemplation for creativity and self-improvement. We offer a weekly meditation class, as well as seasonal, weekend retreats at the Himalayan Institute, near Honesdale, PA.
- No reservations required, but available through MindBody App
- Please arrive 5-10 min before class.
- New students may not be admitted within 5 minutes of class start time.
- Students in general may not be admitted after class start time.
- Arriving 10 minutes before class is ideal, doors may not open until 10-15 minutes before class time, and there is no indoor waiting area.
- If you have cold symptoms, please wait until well to attend.
- Mat rentals are $2, but please bring your own if possible.