STUDIO MANAGER PAID INTERNSHIP
Raja Yoga and Meditation Center of Greater Philadelphia is a non-profit, down-to-earth, cozy, neighborhood yoga studio located in Southwest Center City. We offer regular classes, workshops and in-depth yoga and training programs. The Center also fundraises for and implements outreach programs to bring yoga and meditation at no cost to at-need populations in the field. As Raja Yoga works to expand its mission outward, we are looking for a studio manager to support the daily business and operations of the studio. This position offers a 6-month paid internship, with an option to convert to stable part-, or full-time employment based upon candidate and studio performance. The ideal candidate will have completed at least a basic 200-hour yoga training course or similar training, be a responsible and self-motivated person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and with an interest in exploring yoga and meditation as a potential career path. As part of the internship, the candidate will learn the business of running a yoga studio and have access to free additional yoga and meditation training. Core responsibilities of the position are to:
- Run daily studio operations, including keeping the studio clean, and managing the class schedule and teacher substitutions.
- Provide onboarding, logistical and other support to staff and visiting instructors where needed.
- Provide consistent, respectful and constructive communication with members and patrons, and support marketing and member retention efforts.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service focused attitude.
- Offer thoughtful and clear communications with Founder, Board of Directors, instructors, and students regarding studio performance and the identification of areas for continuous improvement of the studio and client experience and learning.
Skills and Qualifications
- Highly organized, and capable of managing multiple priorities at once
- Employs fortitude and creativity to meet challenges and obstacles
- Enjoys dealing with all kinds of people with many kinds of needs.
- Is calm under pressure; and isn’t easily overwhelmed by a challenging situation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Is independent and a self-starter, while sensitive to maintaining clear communication and alignment with studio leadership
- Possesses good writing skills, with proper punctuation, spelling and meaning.
- Knows their way around a PC (Microsoft Word and Excel, and [with training if needed] Mindbody Online).
Compensation and hours:
- It is anticipated that 8-12 hours a week will be required to fulfill the duties of the position
- Candidate will enjoy free classes (value of $100/month), trainings (value varies based on the workshop/training) and retreats at the Himalayan Institute (value of $175/retreat; studio will make best attempts to support room and board at offsite retreats, but this is not guaranteed); if the candidate is a trained yoga teacher and fits Raja standards, s/he may also earn additional income from teaching
- Candidate will be trained by the Executive Director in studio business management
- A monthly stipend of $500 will be provided for the duration of the internship and for up to 6 months.
How to apply
Email a one-page cover letter along with your resume to: email@example.com . In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- What you would like to learn during your time in the role
- What would need to be true for you to consider joining the studies as a paid part time studio manager, at the conclusion of the internship
- What you believe you bring to the position as described
Qualified candidates will be contacted within the month of application. Once the role is filled, the position will be removed from the website.